The day was celebrated in a multitude of ways throughout the school! Here are just a few of the activities that took place:
- Letters were written to some of our favourite authors
- Book quizzes were held in many of the classroom
- Collective story writing
- Character designs
- Our Early Years children came into school in their book character costumes
- Years 2 to 6 visited Swindon North Library where they were entertained by the story teller and performer John Kirk and his retelling of a Roald Dahl classic- The Twits.
- Whilst visiting the Library, children were able to pick up their pre-ordered Library Membership cards.
- Parents were invited to attend a ‘Reading Workshop’ after school, where we discussed the importance of reading and the level of skills our children are expected to achieve in their time in Primary school. We shared some Top Tips on how to help your child at home to become enthusiastic and fluent readers.
The workshop was very well attended- thank you to all those who came.