Learning at Haydon Wick
The governors and staff of Haydon Wick Primary School are fully committed to the aims of the national curriculum.
‘At the heart of the education process lies the child’
During your child’s time in our school, we aim to create and maintain a happy atmosphere, building on that which the caring home provides. Our basic intention is to help each child realise his or her maximum potential. Our aims are:
- To create a happy and caring school environment.
- To help children to learn that courtesy, good manners, and consideration for others are very important qualities.
- To ensure a command of basic English and an ability to communicate with other people.
- To encourage an enjoyment of reading.
- To develop a knowledge and understanding of basic mathematical operations.
- To encourage scientific curiosity and organise observational studies particularly through the local environment.
- To awaken an awareness of the heritage around us through project-type historical, geographical, and religious education studies.
- To teach skills in handwriting, handicrafts, and other creative arts, including music.
- To encourage an individual appreciation of beautiful things.
- To provide an enjoyment of physical activities, drama, movement, and mime, and to teach basic recreational game skills.